Agriculture is the largest employment sector in Bangladesh. The performance of this sector has an overwhelming impact on major macroeconomic objectives like employment generation, poverty alleviation, human resources development, food security, etc. A plurality of Bangladeshis earns their living from agriculture.
In 1972, about 75% of the workforce was in primary industry (mostly agriculture) and 25% in non-agricultural sectors while in 2010 these ratios had changed greatly in which 47% were in agriculture and 53% in non-agriculture.
Why Farm Mechanization?
Migration causes labor shortages. The indication of this situation is reduced agricultural productivity. Labor scarcity led to increased use of hired labor for the most farm operations such as tiling the land, weeding etc. That is why Farm Mechanization is very important now-a-days. The effective mechanization contributes to increase production in two major ways: firstly, the timeliness of operation and secondly the good quality of work. List of Farm Mechanization:
- Power Tiller.
- Tractor implement’s- Rotavator, Disc Plough, Disk Harrow & others.
- Planting Equipment’s- Transplanter, Seeder.
- Fertilizing & Pest Control Equipment’s- Knapsack Sprayer, Power Sprayer & others.
- IRRIGATION Equipment’s- Water pump and Diesel engine.
- Harvesting Equipment’s-Combine Harvester, Reaper,Thresher.
Meet Our Experts